Why Use a Chartered Accountant?
Legally anyone can call themselves an ‘accountant’, they do not need any qualifications, training or experience!
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
An ICAEW Chartered Accountant is an accountant who:
- has completed a minimum of three years in-depth training,
- has committed to continuing professional development training every year to keep their knowledge and skills up to date,
- is a member of ICAEW – The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales,
- is bound by the ICAEW Code of Ethics,
- is required to hold a practising certificate and professional indemnity insurance if they offer professional services to the public,
- is subject to review as part of the Institute's Practice Assurance scheme, which demonstrates their commitment to quality assurance, and upholding and developing the highest professional standards.
J Clarke & Co Chartered Accountants is proud to be a member firm of the ICAEW.
View our account on the ICAEW website